Thursday, January 25, 2007

I Choose Bottles To Solve Mine


Driving In Silence

It is rare that unsigned bands hold my attention, they just lack the "it" factor that so many other bands have, thats why they are unsigned. This is what i told my self before i heard this band. Without a doubt top 10 on my all time favorite bands list, all without a true label and a proper full length. Sounding, as near as i can compare, like a harder, rougher Jimmy eat world, this Baltimore based band manages to craft catchy songs, with lyrics that run the emotional gamut. I have found my self after a particular breakup reading along to the lyrics wishing I was clever enough or poetic enough to have written them first. With songs about loss,death, insomnia, alcoholism and sex... i find that no matter where i am in my life.. i cant help but be in love with these songs. Lacking a proper full length i will post two ep's in one. They are recording now and i for one cant wait to see what they have in store for us.

please visit www.drivinginsilence.com they have all the song lyrics posted, along with the meanings of songs, which is one of the coolest things a band has ever done. Screw bonus videos and making of, i want to know the heartache that went into the songs


Sounds Like:
Jimmy eat world, Brand New, Park

This is a bad night for walking, even the hallway is spinning as I feel my way to the door in the back all alone, and very much awake. And I'll watch the wall that I stared at, that I needed when you opened up. When you didn't. And I never cared, I'm all about me.

1 comment:

JJ said...

love love love....

to bad know one knows about them