Million Dead
Million Dead
"Harmony No Harmony" (2005)
Hailing from London, this now disbanded melodic punk band released two l.p.'s before calling it quits in September of 2005. This album would be familiar to fans of U.S. melodic punk powerhouses Rise Against. Aptly mixing faster power chord infused yelling parts with melodic sung verses Million Dead was able to differentiate themselves as standouts in a genre that is more than full of below average Scream/Sing bands. This album sees more of their soft side than their previous effort, which is similar to the progression seen in other bands across the pond (eg. Afi, Funeral For a Friend, Rise Against). While not the outspoken political activists as many of their punk bretheran, their lyrics are leagues ahead of about every comparable band one might find being played stateside by way of your local corporate radio station. Overall its nice to see a band so successfully merge powerful melodies and still not loose their post hardcore edge.
Pros:
Sing along verses, yet still maintains a rough side
better than most scream/sing crap around today
Cons:
not around any more
noticeable British accent sometimes out of place
For Fans of:
Rise Against
Senses Fail
Funeral For a Friend
Stand out tracks for your listening pleasure...
6. To Whom It may Concern
A melodic track with a chorus I can truly identify with
"my letter to the human resources department says “You started a war so you’ll get what you started.” I’m only working here because I need the fucking money."
10. Achilles Lung
A powerfully melodic song about smoking that sounds similar to the guitar rock of the Smoking Popes.
"Stop trying to pretend that you are going to stop – you’re either a smoker or you’re not. You will keep on smoking for the rest of your life, and then you’ll get cancer and then you’ll die. I can stop whenever I please and anyway, I’m immune to emphysema and heart disease. My diary says tomorrow is the day I quit and I’m going to stick with that. I’ll work my way down to the end of this pack, and then I’m leaving this place and I’m never coming back again. Little itches need no stitches but they bury you"
14. Harmony No Harmony
Title track of the album, and one of my favorites. detailing the touring life, and the many conflicts inherent in such a chaotic lifestyle. Really highlights the singers voice
"And after all the struggle and the strain, and after all the loss for little gain, the harmonies have faded away, but the melody remains."
"Harmony No Harmony" (2005)
Hailing from London, this now disbanded melodic punk band released two l.p.'s before calling it quits in September of 2005. This album would be familiar to fans of U.S. melodic punk powerhouses Rise Against. Aptly mixing faster power chord infused yelling parts with melodic sung verses Million Dead was able to differentiate themselves as standouts in a genre that is more than full of below average Scream/Sing bands. This album sees more of their soft side than their previous effort, which is similar to the progression seen in other bands across the pond (eg. Afi, Funeral For a Friend, Rise Against). While not the outspoken political activists as many of their punk bretheran, their lyrics are leagues ahead of about every comparable band one might find being played stateside by way of your local corporate radio station. Overall its nice to see a band so successfully merge powerful melodies and still not loose their post hardcore edge.
Pros:
Sing along verses, yet still maintains a rough side
better than most scream/sing crap around today
Cons:
not around any more
noticeable British accent sometimes out of place
For Fans of:
Rise Against
Senses Fail
Funeral For a Friend
Stand out tracks for your listening pleasure...
6. To Whom It may Concern
A melodic track with a chorus I can truly identify with
"my letter to the human resources department says “You started a war so you’ll get what you started.” I’m only working here because I need the fucking money."
10. Achilles Lung
A powerfully melodic song about smoking that sounds similar to the guitar rock of the Smoking Popes.
"Stop trying to pretend that you are going to stop – you’re either a smoker or you’re not. You will keep on smoking for the rest of your life, and then you’ll get cancer and then you’ll die. I can stop whenever I please and anyway, I’m immune to emphysema and heart disease. My diary says tomorrow is the day I quit and I’m going to stick with that. I’ll work my way down to the end of this pack, and then I’m leaving this place and I’m never coming back again. Little itches need no stitches but they bury you"
14. Harmony No Harmony
Title track of the album, and one of my favorites. detailing the touring life, and the many conflicts inherent in such a chaotic lifestyle. Really highlights the singers voice
"And after all the struggle and the strain, and after all the loss for little gain, the harmonies have faded away, but the melody remains."

1 comment:
when you say I.Ps...what does that mean?
lol
Post a Comment